Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 16, 2013
Mulan has been one of my favourite Disney movies for quite a long time now. Being right up there with Tarzan and Atlantis among their more conventional animations. So it's nice to see it finally come out in this Bluray Combo edition.

It's not perfect of course. It's been designed with kids in mind so most violence is off-screen and you don't see anybody directly die. But it more than compensates for this with excellent story telling of a young woman who will put her life on the line to protect her ailing father. Then add in good animation and finally as a rarity for me, Disney songs that I actually enjoy watching, that advance the storyline rather than stop it and don't put me to sleep. It's definitely a winner!

However, the best part for me is the positive role model this movie gives to young girls everywhere! This is a girl who can and will stand up for herself. Who can and will fight as good as any man and who can save her prince as well as be saved by him! For that alone, this movie deserves kudos! Then throw in a villain who's smart and a storyline that has a good ending! What's not to like?

As for the second movie, consider it a bonus or an extra. Nothing more! Back in the late 90's, early 2000's Disney was making sequels to all their animated flicks, Beauty & The Beast, Tarzan, Aladdin, etc., etc. Trying to milk the cow, so to speak. These were NOT theatrical grade movies, but straight to home releases of varying quality, none of them great and some downright awful. The Mulan sequel is probably the best of a bad lot but still......... It's not nearly as good as the original and if you watch it soon after Mulan will probably disappoint!

Three discs are included with this two movie edition but there are only two spindles. So the Bluray is on the right hand spindle and contains both movies plus all the extras. The left spindle contains two dvd's, one for each movie and it's extra's with the Mulan dvd on top of the Mulan II dvd. No mention is made of whether there will be a digital download or not.

Mulan has a standard aspect ratio of 1.66:1 with English DTS-HD 5.1, French & Spanish DD 5.1 audio tracks. Mulan II is a 1.78:1 with audio tracks same as above.

So overall for a Disney movie, I'd give it a good 4 to 4-1/2 stars for Mulan. And about 3 for it's sequel.

J. A.
5 people found this helpful
on February 15, 2018
It’s everyway so perfect!!!
I am very happy with my purchased.
En plus, je suis Québecoise et la version en français sur le DVD est la version doublé au Québec, Canada, pas en France! J’avais peur, mais c’est exactemenr le film de mon enfance! Yé!
2 people found this helpful
on March 8, 2018
A talking lizard? Eddie Murphy's great as the tiny dragon, Moo Shoo, in this film.

Item arrived quickly and in perfect working order.

Recommend this seller. Thanks!
on July 4, 2015
While I was hoping to only get a copy of Mulan, I was happy with the value I got in this combo pack. Definitely a very underrated Disney movie and I would definitely recommend this edition for it's quality and value.
2 people found this helpful
on April 25, 2013
Even though I am not a child I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It is definitly more a girls movie, but my husband likes it as well. Getting both movies for the price of one makes this a good deal. The HD sound is fabulous, I was sure there were birds in my family room.
on April 23, 2018
grand daughter loved it
on June 23, 2017
Cheap price for 2 Disney movies. It came very fast and I was very pleased with the quality
on April 11, 2018
Great buy!
on February 3, 2017
Bought this for the small child that lives in all girlfriends
on March 9, 2018
Great movie. Came fast and a great price.