HPC Deals Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 Amazon Everyday Kindle Paperwhite sports

Customer reviews

on September 14, 2015
Great TV. The main thing that bugs me about TV's is the motion blur, I have say that this TV has great motion blur. The TV feels like it is very well made and solid. The metal bezel and IR repeater are small details that really make you appreciate the quality of work that went into making this TV. I have this TV mounted on the wall in my living room and it is fantastic.
4 people found this helpful
on August 7, 2015
We have bought this relatively expensive Samsung UN55HU8550 and got a bunch of problems.
Well, the quality of the image and the sound are really good but...

First, although we have paid for smart TV, this device is not a smart TV.
I was able to connect to internet (Wi-Fi) but I was not able to watch movies from the local network (my computer) and other networks. Only Netflix works OK. I cannot watch even BBC News.
In the same time, my Roku box attached to this device does not have any problems in playing movies. (I expected that I could watch movies without Roku now. - No!)
I tried different server software. Especially bad is SmartView 2.0 recommending by Samsung for using with this TV. It tried to violate the Windows 7 protected memory, and OS had shut it down.

Second, sometimes the TV stops accepting any signals from the remote control, except of power on and power off. When it happens I usually switch off the TV and switch it on again. Sometimes it helps. I found out that it often happens when head phones are connected. If it happens when the head phones are in, I just remove them from the socket, and this always helps! The TV starts accepting signals from the remote. It looks strange.

Third, just of the sudden there appeared interruptions in the demonstration. The TV just stopped for couple of seconds every 2-3 minutes. The screen became dark, the sound disappeared as well. I have switched to other HDMI port, and it helped. For how long?..

I strongly DO NOT RECOMMEND this model.
on May 22, 2015
Fantastic TV. Almost too good .. the extreme amount of detail reveals all flaws in some shows and movies. But its a fantastic TV, super remote, great design, quality seems top notch .. couldnt be more happy.
4 people found this helpful
on July 20, 2015
This TV is beautiful. the smart remote works real well in learning your components, I'm going from a 53' Panasonic plasma, so there is a bit of a difference. The plasma definitely has a very warm, or soft image, compared to the LED, But I think I can get used to the 4K upgrade!
on February 16, 2015
The product is amazing. Beautiful image, very happy with the product. The downside in my opinion is that the speakers on the television are just average, so it kind of needs a home theatre for the perfect cinema experience.
One person found this helpful
on February 4, 2016
TV is great. Only beef is Samsung slowly taking away some of its original features...like the Electronic Program Guide is no longer supported.
on May 4, 2016
Love this TV.
on October 25, 2015
Excellent product. Fast delivery. Great overall experience.
One person found this helpful