boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on September 6, 2017
This is a slow printer! It takes forever to print documents. In the time I've logged into Amazon, read some of the previous reviews, written my own review, it is still trying to print page 2 of a 5 page document. I will still be waiting a while for the last three pages to print.
on November 4, 2014
I have bought this printer to replace my 8600, which frankly died too soon. That being said, this printer and its predecessor are truly great work horses. Easy setup, and no disappointment.

My use of the printer for the most part is limited to printing documents, and scan to email function, and it does not disappoint in either of these departments.

I would not hesitate to recommend this or nay other printer from the 86xx series
on January 17, 2016
I do really like this printer. You can sign up with HP to get puzzles delivered to your printer automatically and that is pretty neat. My only issue (and for some reason it annoys me a lot) is that at least once almost every print job the printer won't pick up paper from the tray correctly and then says there is a paper jam. There is no jam! The printer will then refuse to do anything until it thinks it clears the print path. I have to keep a piece of junk paper to feed into the output path so the printer thinks it has cleared the jam. Really a pain for a new printer.
on July 7, 2016
This is an excellent multi-function unit. Replacement ink (4 cartridges) is about $125 but they last 6 months with daily use. Very good value. Scanner is fast. I have bought 8 of these units for my small business. Be alert to choose the 8620. The 8610 is not a comparable unit.
on December 28, 2016
Have had this printer for 10 months and feel luke warm about it. Set-up was straightforward, easily connects to wireless network. Have never had any problems with printing. The 'scan to computer' function has been quite unreliable however. It works at times, but other times it says I need to install the latest driver. I check to make sure my driver's are up to day, and they always are. Have tried everything I can think of and cannot figure out why this problem occurs so frequently. When this happens, I can still scan if I go to the 'easy scan' application on my computer, but it is frustrating nonetheless because when it works, the 'scan to computer' function is amazing and allows you to save as a word document or pdf with a touch of a button. Secondly, again related to the scanner, when I upgraded to the latest version of macOS (Sierra), the scanner was no longer compatible with my computer and I was unable to scan for a couple of months. The printer worked completely normally during this period. Looking on online forums it seems like other people had the same issue. Finally, I have been unable to print double sided (using word and adobe). I have not used any of the other functions. So to summarize, prints great, easy set-up, but scanning has been a bit of a headache.
on May 29, 2016
Excellent product so far. Bought it for my dad who has been running a separate printer, scanner, fax machine, and copier, each of which basically antiques! This machine replaced all 4 of them and does much more than all the others, all the while faster, more efficiently, looks a lot better, and keeps the office clear. Works very very well!
on October 10, 2016
Worse printer ever, won't take aftermarket ink, even hough the test page is perfect, HP forces you to buy there ink, and won't let you print if the color is empty even if you don't use color. Been an HP customer for 20 years, I tell people there good to buy, now I'm telling everyone there scammers just like Epson and how every time you turn on their printers they waste ink.
on August 26, 2016
it's not the speediest, and it's a bit of a hassle to change from letter to legal size paper. But, it beats walking to the far end of the office for each print from the office network printer. This is perfect as a printer/scanner beside my desk and it does what I need it to do. Delivery was prompt.
on June 15, 2016
Sucker product. $200 for the printer. Six months later printer will not print unless your change all three color and black white cartridges. Panic to print boarding passes. Walmart charged $93.90 for the 4 cartridges. Found Amazon "FreeSub equivalent 4 cartriges (+extra B&W) for $20.
on October 6, 2016
It was a fantasic, hard-working printer (that we named Mount Fiji because it was such a good printer) but then it just...stopped working. Not even a year old. It stopped recognizing HP ink cartridges and could no longer be used. Sad, sad waste. Sad, sad loss of Mount Fiji.