Echo Dot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

• Customer reviews

on October 15, 2016
I love this camera! Was going to buy a dashcam for the same price, did hours of research and finally settled on this action cam. I wish I bought the wifi model though. I would recommend it to a friend.

PROs:

- Reliable operation
- Great timelapse feature
- Plenty of great accessories
- Build quality of camera and accessories seems good. I tested the waterproof case in a container of water for 6 hours, no leaks!

CONs:

- This particular model (SJ5000) does not have any ability to protect data from deletion or being overwritten. I've confirmed that it overwrites data (loops) once the card is full, regardless if its on car mode or not (which is a good thing and I assume most action cams do the same). Hopefully a future firmware update will add the ability to protect files.
- The manual is lacking in detail.
on February 23, 2016
Parfait ! Qualité prix = excellent. Les photos sont de très belle qualité, les vidéos aussi. Je conseil cette caméra qui est beaucoup moins cher que Gopro. Elle est arrivée en quelques jours seulement.
C'est une authentique, pas d'inquiétude.
Pour moi le Wifi n'est pas nécessaire donc 130$ est un prix juste.
L'écran LDC à l'arrière fonctionne bien, est de bonne taille et a une belle qualité d'image.
Il est possible de regarder ce que nous avons filmé directement à partir de la caméra.
Plusieurs options... Ressemble beaucoup à la Gopro Hero Silver pour beaucoup moins cher.
Bref, j'avais des doutes, mais après l'avoir essayé je suis plus que contente !
on October 8, 2016
I wish I could say I loved this, but it fell a bit short of the mark. Image quality is alright, but it often seems grainier/noisier than what you might get out of a GoPro brand. The wifi worked fine, though sometimes there is a significant lag between the actual footage and what you see on your phone. The app could use some redesigning, as it looks incredibly outdated. The import-to-phone feature of the app is useful, but it would be nice if there was a thumbnail so I knew what file was which footage.

Most devastatingly, it can be unreliable. am not sure if it was a firmware issue or hardware issue, but the SJCam started failing on me when I took it to Iceland. Half the time, it would freeze when I try turning it on. Removing the battery didn't help, nor does turning it off and waiting for a while. I tried to smack it around a bit with my hand (I figured, well if it's not working anyway....), and sometimes that would get it to work. Unfortunately, even though I wasn't being particularly strong, and never hit the side where the side buttons were (the up/down and wifi buttons), the buttons still ended up sinking into the camera, rendering them unusuable. I opened up the camera to see if I could fix it and found that they had completely disconnected from the rest of the hardware. A quick Google search confirms this is actually a very common issue.

So while this is loads cheaper than a GoPro, you still get what you pay for. Only half-decent video and photo quality and reliability issues. The value is still great, as the camera ships with loads of mounts and two cases, one of which is fully waterproof. But it lasted only a few months of relatively light use, and only a single trip, so this was incredibly disappointing.
on May 25, 2015
Got a chance to take some pictures with the camera over the long weekend, worked awesome! The price is right and so is the quality, I have a friend who payed over double what I did for a used gopro and he was upset when he saw my camera! I highly recommend to anyone!
on June 11, 2016
Best action camera for the money. you can buy others for 4x and 5x the price but the difference is minimal for the average user. If you have pro sponsored YouTube channel or daily vlog to millions and need the best most extreme camera on the market this isn't for you but for the 99% of you that want a tough waterproof action cam the SJ5000 is a beast.
on March 25, 2017
I bought this primarily for taking pictures while snorkeling. The photos have quite a bit of barrel distortion, since it's such a wide angle lens. Underwater the distortion isn't really an issue since there isn't usually a horizon visible. Above water, the photos will need to be post processed. Photo and video quality is far better than the Panasonic DMC FT30 I also have. After several trips now, the case is starting to show cracks in the hinge, but it still is watertight. Even if I have to eventually replace the case, it still cheaper than buying a GOPro and I'm still happy with the purchase.
on July 8, 2016
It has bad audio but that was expected. Other than that, awesome action camera and would recommend 100%
on December 7, 2016
Worked perfectly for about 5 months, then when turned on it freezes on the "welcome opening" screen with the SJCAM logo on it. Tried everything but nothing worked, so I invested in a GoPro instead.
on October 12, 2016
I would have given this 5 stars but 1 of the cameras, the display doesn't work. The other two, great.
on September 29, 2017
I find it takes a little while to adjust in high to low light situations and the AWB is a bit off but that can be set manually or fixed in post. Still a great camera for the price.