HPC Deals Oculus_Go Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 Amazon Everyday Kindle Paperwhite sports

• Customer reviews

on October 2, 2015
I LOVE THIS! I used it while rappelling, surfing, diving, parasailing, etc. and it continuously recorded without any issues. Super easy to use interface that only takes a few minutes to get used to. COMES WITH SO MUCH STUFF! The only thing that I would recommend you buy separately is a chest strap, but then you can use the included mounts to attach to it. Don't buy a GoPro, buy this!
8 people found this helpful
on October 15, 2016
I love this camera! Was going to buy a dashcam for the same price, did hours of research and finally settled on this action cam. I wish I bought the wifi model though. I would recommend it to a friend.

PROs:

- Reliable operation
- Great timelapse feature
- Plenty of great accessories
- Build quality of camera and accessories seems good. I tested the waterproof case in a container of water for 6 hours, no leaks!

CONs:

- This particular model (SJ5000) does not have any ability to protect data from deletion or being overwritten. I've confirmed that it overwrites data (loops) once the card is full, regardless if its on car mode or not (which is a good thing and I assume most action cams do the same). Hopefully a future firmware update will add the ability to protect files.
- The manual is lacking in detail.
3 people found this helpful
on February 23, 2016
Parfait ! Qualité prix = excellent. Les photos sont de très belle qualité, les vidéos aussi. Je conseil cette caméra qui est beaucoup moins cher que Gopro. Elle est arrivée en quelques jours seulement.
C'est une authentique, pas d'inquiétude.
Pour moi le Wifi n'est pas nécessaire donc 130$ est un prix juste.
L'écran LDC à l'arrière fonctionne bien, est de bonne taille et a une belle qualité d'image.
Il est possible de regarder ce que nous avons filmé directement à partir de la caméra.
Plusieurs options... Ressemble beaucoup à la Gopro Hero Silver pour beaucoup moins cher.
Bref, j'avais des doutes, mais après l'avoir essayé je suis plus que contente !
2 people found this helpful
on October 8, 2016
I wish I could say I loved this, but it fell a bit short of the mark. Image quality is alright, but it often seems grainier/noisier than what you might get out of a GoPro brand. The wifi worked fine, though sometimes there is a significant lag between the actual footage and what you see on your phone. The app could use some redesigning, as it looks incredibly outdated. The import-to-phone feature of the app is useful, but it would be nice if there was a thumbnail so I knew what file was which footage.

Most devastatingly, it can be unreliable. am not sure if it was a firmware issue or hardware issue, but the SJCam started failing on me when I took it to Iceland. Half the time, it would freeze when I try turning it on. Removing the battery didn't help, nor does turning it off and waiting for a while. I tried to smack it around a bit with my hand (I figured, well if it's not working anyway....), and sometimes that would get it to work. Unfortunately, even though I wasn't being particularly strong, and never hit the side where the side buttons were (the up/down and wifi buttons), the buttons still ended up sinking into the camera, rendering them unusuable. I opened up the camera to see if I could fix it and found that they had completely disconnected from the rest of the hardware. A quick Google search confirms this is actually a very common issue.

So while this is loads cheaper than a GoPro, you still get what you pay for. Only half-decent video and photo quality and reliability issues. The value is still great, as the camera ships with loads of mounts and two cases, one of which is fully waterproof. But it lasted only a few months of relatively light use, and only a single trip, so this was incredibly disappointing.
on May 25, 2015
Got a chance to take some pictures with the camera over the long weekend, worked awesome! The price is right and so is the quality, I have a friend who payed over double what I did for a used gopro and he was upset when he saw my camera! I highly recommend to anyone!
5 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2017
Bought this for my son, it has no frills and comes with a load of extras which make using it a breeze (and they are well made to boot). If I were to make the purchase again I'd spring for a higher model. This one is basic, has a semi-fisheye lens effect, and the sound and *low* light pics and video are on par with cameras 5-6 years old.

But in the end you get what you pay for. In ok light it performs well, and for my son he loves it.
on April 7, 2016
This is great for action video where focus is 1 or more meters from the lens. Not as good for stills due to the 170 deg lens. After 2nd use in the housing, the wifi button on the side stopped working. It seemed to be pressed into the body, and no longer clicked. Luckily the rest of it still worked. In the latest firmware the wifi button also allows to delete in playback mode, so when it broke I just had to keep everything and delete later after downloading. Returned it on account of this defect.
on March 25, 2017
I bought this primarily for taking pictures while snorkeling. The photos have quite a bit of barrel distortion, since it's such a wide angle lens. Underwater the distortion isn't really an issue since there isn't usually a horizon visible. Above water, the photos will need to be post processed. Photo and video quality is far better than the Panasonic DMC FT30 I also have. After several trips now, the case is starting to show cracks in the hinge, but it still is watertight. Even if I have to eventually replace the case, it still cheaper than buying a GOPro and I'm still happy with the purchase.
on June 11, 2016
Best action camera for the money. you can buy others for 4x and 5x the price but the difference is minimal for the average user. If you have pro sponsored YouTube channel or daily vlog to millions and need the best most extreme camera on the market this isn't for you but for the 99% of you that want a tough waterproof action cam the SJ5000 is a beast.
One person found this helpful
on May 3, 2016
Bummed. Bought this far enough ahead of our family vacation to ensure any possible 'kinks' would have been worked out. Here I am, literally sitting on the beach in Cancun, and one of the buttons on the camera is stuck down. If you ever wonder how products are made 'less expensively', the answer is 'inexpensive, low quality parts'. Bummed
One person found this helpful