HPC Deals Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM TubShroom Kindle Paperwhite sports

on November 7, 2016
I had a go-pro clone from several years back, and the underwater housing started leaking and could not be fixed. I went looking for go-pro and clones, and found this one. Compared to the go-pro prices, this was a real deal at under $100. It looked a lot like a go-pro, and the housing looked as good as stock go-pro underwater (UW) housings. Specs on the housing were good as were reviews.

So I bought one. It arrived much ahead of schedule, and was exactly as described. The camera itself is quite excellent. Video is very good. I use 720p by default because you really don't need 1080p or better in the ocean of the Pacific Northwest (very turbid, low visibility). Underwater video is excellent. Some reviews fault the UW housing for not transmitting sound very well, but it certainly transmits sound well underwater.

The only thing I'm not ecstatic about is the movie format it Apple quicktime MOV format. Because of that, I cannot directly import the video into Adobe Premier for editing. First I must convert from MOV to MP4 using Handbrake (free). It means I'm left with two files of almost equal length instead of one. I suppose eventually I'll delete the MOV file but not yet. Otherwise the converted MP4 is as good as the MOV and the final movies are excellent.
8 people found this helpful
on September 6, 2017
Unfortunately I have had to return my unit. I was so excited to get it and start my action video, but had trouble right out of the box. Tricky enough to get the camera out of the case and no where in the instructions help me with opening that up. My major number one problem was the camera got so hot when I put it on charge that I thought maybe something would blow, the terminals were literally too hot to touch with my fingers. I was very worried. I thought maybe if I went ahead and just bought a charging unit that it would put my worries behind me. But as I went deeper into the menu and fairly lack of understandable instructions, I wondered if I wanted to really struggle learning how to do this. As I went through all the accessories that I probably would never use although very handy for those of you who do need all those things to attach everywhere, there was no head strap. All I wanted from an action cam was to press rec and put it on my head and away I go. Just too many little things sealed this guys return. The temperature of the unit really did put a scare into me. I am hoping that it was just that unit because not a lot of complaints about that happening to other people. I will move on to something else I guess, but was so looking forward to this one.

Edit update: After communicating with customer service a few times, they were very helpful to resolve my issues and offered to send me a couple of new batteries. They also sent me pdf with slightly better English instructions. In the end I had already returned the product so sending me new batteries would be redundant. I will say that if I had to rate customer service I would give them a 5 star for effort. My 2 star rating of the camera and accessories is primarily for my reasons previously stated. I did not rate the quality of the video or pictures mostly because I did not get to that stage. Customer service told me it is usual that the camera will heat up during use and that it has a safety mechanism in case it over heated. I am sure they did not really understand how hot my one got and wished that they would inspected it once they receive it. Thank you ODVRM.
3 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on September 3, 2017
We love doing all sorts of outdoor activites but often don't want to be bothered by pulling out a camera. We had been looking to purchase the brand name one of these for quite some time but they are quite expensive. We were a little bit leery of purchasing this camera as we thought it would be low quality but honestly it's very similar to the brand name one. It has many different settings (including time lapse!!), the picture quality is great for photos and videos (check the stats!) - not quite as sharp and vivid as the brand name but close (not noticeable imo unless side by side), it has the same wide angle lense. The sound records about the same as the brand name one, good but not great (not it's strong point). It comes with TWO batteries! One battery lasted us an entire day of on and off filming and pictures. It comes with all sorts of accessories, we only wish it came with a body harness but you can purchase kits seperately and inexpensively. The case everything comes in is really nice and compact. We have yet to use it underwater but it seems secure, we also appreciate the "watch" it comes with - very handy. All you need to purchase in addition to the camera is an SD card (check description) and you're ready to go. In the end I'm so happy we saved our money and went with this camera, would definitely recommend.
on April 19, 2016
tried the camera on a couple of quad trips was really surprised with quality and clearness of the pics and video .camera worked perfect the case and accessories are really good shipping was quick .glad I did not spend all that money on the go pro would recamend this camera to anyone . and the price was really good
8 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2018
Very nice product and much more affordable than a Go Pro.
I used the device while snowboarding. I plan to use again for snowboarding and snorkeling this year.

Biggest negative is the app, ZSANYCAM. You can not download it via Google Play. You must download the APK file via a browser (like Chrome) and install it manually. It needs a software update. Big time. The wifi transfer of files is not reliable. There is a big delay in what the camera sees and what you see in the app. But the app does work as a remote control for the camera ... sometimes.

When mounted on my helmet, I have trouble knowing if the camera is on or off. I should be able to use ZSANYCAM to control the phone, but it loses wifi connection to the camera very easily.
on December 16, 2017
Very happy with this camera. The camera came with all accessories as advertised although the sticky tape on some of the mounting plates did not stick well. It came with several different options for mounting so this was not a big issue. It did freeze twice and I had to eject the battery to reset it and it worked fine after that. Connecting with wifi was tricky but it does connect and perform well when used with the app. I have the app on my android nav unit in my truck and also on my Samsung s8 plus making it simple and easy to use. I would have given it 5 stars but I ordered it on sale for $55 and they charged me $79. I have emailed Amazon about it and they have yet to reply.
on December 31, 2017
Used this camera under water & while zip lining & it was awesome. You do need to ensure to remove the waterproof when not using it under water because the case pretty well blocks out all sound. We had this camera at the beach & my son did a video while playing on the sand & you can only hear him speaking when he was super close to the camera. But it is small, comes with tons of accessories for other uses & we can't wait to try it out on our helmets/bikes etc
on April 10, 2017
I had to only put four stars but I love this camera. Bought this as a cheap alternative to the brand name that looks similar and overall I can't be happier. Lots of options to enable you to mount this thing anywhere. It is also compatible with all the accessories of the more expensive guy. Now, for the rating. I had to drop one star because after the first time that I pulled the sd cards and inserted them in my computer to take the pictures off, I have not been able to get them to work in the camera again. I keep getting an incompatibility error message. I didn't change the formatting when they were in the computer and it should have been as simple as putting them back in but, not so. Unless I figure this out, it might get a little expensive getting cards all the time.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on May 29, 2016
We bought this camera for a trip to Mexico in March 2016. This is a wonderful little camera that even our young granddaughters could use in the pools. The clarity compared with a GoPRo that another friend had along. We are ordering a second one to give to a daughter for her birthday. I know she will be over the moon since she used ours a lot in Mexico.
3 people found this helpful
on May 6, 2017
I'm absolutely tickled with the product! Pretty easy to set up, the display and feedback is excellent, and it seems to be very solidly built.

After attaching it to my helmet today, I took it for a spin, and I was very happy with the resulting videos. No need to buy a $500 GoPro when you can get great results with this camera for under $100! I would definitely recommend to my friends.
2 people found this helpful