Top positive review
Low budget , really good fitment and much better audio than 219$ pixel buds
June 6, 2019
I got these on lightning Amazon sale. I'm super happy with them. I already have pixel buds for my pixel3 phone but I really detest the sound quality and the comfort fitment. They're not comfortable and the sound is mediocre at best. I also detest pixelbud cable between the two sides... It's not something you can cut.
With these ultra cheap earbuds I wasn't expecting anything good. But the sale tempted me. Ok the plastics are ugly and cheap and the charging case is cheap looking.
But this is really functional.
- you have to supply your own 1amp charger because it only comes with usb micro cable. Luckily I have many from be old phones. The manual states not any more than 1 amp charger.
- the case itself is a battery bank. Good for 3-4 charges of the ear buds. That's just like pixel buds case.
- the earbuds hold enough charge for the day and that's pretty much my usage experience for the pixel buds too.... Not bad
- it's a pretty simple ear bud . Controls aren't much. Left and right sides are Touch controls . Touch and hold left bud to back one track. Press and hold right side to skip next track. Double tap to pause and resume play. What I like about this over the pixelbud is it's not too sensitive. So when you're laying down it doesn't accidentally press pause. Annoys the heck outta me with pixel buds. These ones are less sensitive so if I lay down there is no accidental pressing and skipping of tracks. One big thing missing is volume control. Zero volume control from earbuds. You must control volume from the phone .
- this is wayyyyy comfortable than pixel buds. Comes with enough silicon sizers so at least one of them should suit your ears well.
- surprisingly these sounds wayyyyy better than pixel buds. Pixel buds don't fit me properly no matter what I do so bass is really weak and the overall sound is mediocre. But these soundpeats fit really well and thus the bass is really loud and highs are way more crisp than pixel buds. I'm really disappointed with 219$ pixel buds wrt sound. This cheap unit destroys them .. that's embarrassing
- there is Google assistant support in terms of just double tapping left ear activate mic and opens Google assistant on your phone. Pretty basic but it works perfect.
- these can pair for two phones so no need to unpair and repair constantly.
- mic is ok. Works fine as a phone conversation and no issue with clarity.
- music codec bt profile does not support aptx but still HD AAC support so decent sound from your phone.
I can't really find anything to rant about these. For the price and sound quality , it just makes the over priced pixel buds look embarrassing. If I had to be picky and if I could reduce only half a star , I wish this had a way to control volume from the ear. Rather than from phone only.