HPC Deals Oculus_Go Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 Amazon Everyday Kindle Paperwhite sports

on June 24, 2017
I love the balance <b>Lyn Hamilton</b> distributes over her vibrantly archaeological quests: detail when warranted, momentum in between. My sole critique was mumbling about her ex-husband and getting nowhere with Rob. Her first four adventures easily earned 5 stars. I savour reading only one per year or two! What a pity to find that “<b>The Thai Amulet</b>” is my least favourite. It may also be that two years of reading other authors caused an aversion to a faux-pas that might not be new to <b>Lyn</b>. I cannot stand anybody employing “I said” in a sentence that is a query! I prefer not annotating dialogue because speakers should be obvious but at least use “asked” or “wondered” in queries.

<b>Lyn</b> referred to 40 year-olds as if they were elderly, which got my gall. It has dawned on me that she would have been my Mother's age, so perception has changed. Her mid-forties heroine is a favourite trait of this series. Creative storylines abounded with her firsthand Bangkok flavour. Honestly, this was slated for 4 stars until her character acted stupidly: nearly smashing clues out of anger that someone died, while she checked on the welfare of a stranger. Sleuths don't belittle their mission.

I love originality, a switch from typical endings. A missing person is normally brought home. It was an anticlimactic judgement call not to show us the most fascinating person from a local legend. I was caught up in exciting revelations and Lara's well-varied investigating. This mystery about who Rob's daughter, Jennifer was courting is colourful. I loved its expansion to even more compelling stories. Thus 3 stars for that clue-destroying nonsense and not seeing the most explosive storyline through. Also, although they were used, this novel was not really about amulets. I had anticipated quite a surreal atmosphere.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product that you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
6. Selecting the displayed item will insert text that looks like this: [[ASIN:014312854XHamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)]]
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.com, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, such as:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

Product Details