HPC Deals Oculus_Go Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Kindle Paperwhite sports

on February 20, 2015
Mom & Daughter, <b>Mary Jane & Victoria Maffini</b> have unexpectedly become my favourite authors! Discovering they are Canadian is heartening. The elderly <i>Howard Engel, Eric Wright</i> and late <i>Lyn Hamilton, Charlotte MacLeod</i> needn’t occupy the “awesome Canadian mystery” seat alone. I love every sentence by ‘<b>Victoria Abbott</b>’! How shall I describe what makes it a winner? It’s noticeably, uncannily balanced. We barge right into the point of the book: <i>Jordan Kelly</i> is an antique book-related graduate, knocking on the door of a live-in job. We lose no time meeting the terse dowager, her memorable staff, and <i>Jordan’s</i> ostentatious, unkempt environs.

We quickly know her too. She’s as uncertain and nervous as anyone else but intelligent, possesses self-worth, and calculates how to handle the dowager. What astonishes me about the swiftly-advancing flow, is the most colourful fusion I’ve ever seen with thorough and intimately original details! We know <i>Jordan</i> was raised by a clan of light-fingered Uncles but we simultaneously know theirs isn’t crime that would harm any individual. They are loyal, likeable, and <i>Jordan’s</i> absurd training in things like lock-picking and avoiding fingerprints at an interrogation... enhance intrigue and delight. I savour hilarious remarks, like the hospital-guarding Uncles accustomed to killing hours of time; for reasons we mustn’t ask!

The tie-in to a literary artifact legend is what drew me at first. The mystery is armed with tricks and exceptionally well developed, like every other aspect. However it’s those other, familiarizing aspects that make me an eager fan. You sense there’s more to discover and crave all of it upon turning every page. The elderly chef urging “Eat!” and <i>Jordan’s</i> jocular replies connect me with them. Even the deceased boy’s sad, determined, dignified parents are emotionally made into real people. <b>Victoria & Mary Jane</b> are genuinely gifted, high quality authors.
2 people found this helpful

2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
6. Selecting the displayed item will insert text that looks like this: [[ASIN:014312854XHamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)]]
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.com, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, such as:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

Product Details