HPC Deals Oculus_Go Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Kindle Paperwhite sports

on June 10, 2015
I encountered <i>“A Promise Is A Promise”</i> and “<b>Hide And Sneak</b>”, 1992 at a garage sale. I was so pleased to find this bright literature, I wished the rest by <b>Michael Kusugak & Vladyana Krykorka</b> were there. I’m elated to find non-hunting stories that show me Inuit homes, gorgeous terrain, and better still.... their mysticism! The <i>Qallupilluit</i> and <i>Ijiraq</i> are new to me and I enjoyed every gorgeous page of these family stories. My sole criticism depends on whether <i>Allashua’s</i> appearances are a series, or the same character on different journeys. There is one sibling fewer and a tent instead of a house. Perhaps they go elsewhere in summer.

If these adventures comprise a series, I don’t see the child doubting her Mother’s council and getting ensnared by a legend again! Due to repeating the blueprint of disobedience precipitating trouble and entailing little more than a girl temporarily lost, I hovered at three-star feedback. But <b>Vladyana</b> outdid herself. If I thought her drawings beautiful and dreamy before, these vibrant summer landscapes are masterpieces! Every detail of flowers, broad sky, bright meadow, facial expression, and inward sense of colour are the most exquisite work I have ever seen.

A return to the same theme, less dangerous and sinister this time, does not diminish its emotional contents. <i>Allashua</i> wished she were better at some games she plays with friends. It’s a message innumerable adults can use, that participation should feel sublime whether activities are mastered or not. The relief of finding your own way home is palpable and again, we rejoin her calm, warm parents. I admire them wholeheartedly! They don’t shout. They embrace her with gladness. I see <i>‘Inukshuks’</i> all over Manitoba and loved hearing about them. I will watch for books by this pair because I consider them a treasure.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product that you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
6. Selecting the displayed item will insert text that looks like this: [[ASIN:014312854XHamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)]]
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.com, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, such as:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

Product Details