HPC Deals Oculus_Go Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Kindle Paperwhite sports

on June 1, 2015
I'm pleased to rejoin the heart-lifting unicorns and girl who loves them. Oddly, these read like hardship disproportionately featuring a kid, whose personality doesn't match a ten year-old’s. Except rudeness to a kindly elf, I liked this novel but <i>Arica’s</i> assistance was poorly planned. She felt it was time-sensitive but Grandma wasn't home when she set out. Why didn’t she phone ahead? Didn't they establish a contact mode in either realm? Instead of walking across country - again: bring pfiper repellent and plan a joint mission with Grandma! <i>Arica</i> and queen have the advantage of being child and Grandma on Earth. Consult her first.

Another matter is her Dad. Why create a situation in which no one remembers Bundelag after leaving except <i>Arica</i>; even born natives? <i>Arica</i> could obtain advice from her Dad before rushing into perilous scenarios. Better: bring him on a decently-organized mission! He should know the country! Why hinge on a disoriented, largely unprotected ten year-old? I was relieved that these events didn’t conclude in the predictably convenient manner I feared: Grandma finding out about the plight and suddenly setting everything to rights. We are treated to an infinitely more satisfying resolution than: 'Grandma would have solved everything if she'd known about the problem in the first place'. To the contrary, a twist had Grandma busy in battle, causing a reasonable situation in which she needed <i>Arica</i> to handle a separate dilemma.

I admire <b>Vicki’s</b> world construction best. Bundelag is memorable. The concept of a unicorn temporarily mistaken and mistreated as a horse on Earth, was a subject of vast emotional proportions. “<b>The Shadow Unicorn</b>” handled them sensitively, triumphantly, with a thunderous battle and magical eye. We reached the exciting fantasy heights I had hoped to find. I’m eager to see <i>Arica’s</i> Dad enter the next story.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse| Permalink