HPC Deals Oculus_Go Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Kindle Paperwhite sports

on October 6, 2016
I prefer standard mysteries to the "cozy" counterpart because I don't want sanitized adventures. However <b>Kathy's</b> stories are disturbingly sad and violent. I knew there would be bone-identification; hopefully ancient. I anticipated raising my tolerance, with scientific gore. Instead, <b>Kathy</b> itemized brutality and overstepped excessiveness in all aspects, including writing. It was startling enough for a killer to drop off a head, or fight Temperance Brennan. He did not need to drag her neck in a chain while holding a knife! We did not need to hear that victims had painful items stabbed into genitals, nor that 5/6 victims were chopped!

I could ignore one deplorable tack and rush through the novel. What nearly closed "<b>Déja Dead</b>" unfinished, <i>which I have never done</i>, is that this first-time author also over-killed laborious descriptions. Every face, street or room she encountered, driving routes; triggered a commentary.... via pop-culture metaphors! Say "thirsty": not <i>"as thirsty as"</i>. Thought went into a back story. Temperance's love for her daughter and cat were warm. Dedication to victims, families, and saving herself from that chain struggle were done well. Tiresome gimmicks bespoke an author learning to move along her story.

Temperance worked hard with clues but a critical visitor or caller missed her: every time she stepped out! Was that to make the resolution take 532 pages? The most fake mistake was declaring it polite to refrain from checking on Gabby. Would you go a week, believing a guest had decided not to stay? <b>Kathy's</b> subsequent novel-writing likely acquired experience but I must select the lowest star. I spent a day writhing in reluctance to continue reading. I don't consider it fair to review an unfinished book. I hope <b>Kathy</b> prefers that I gave her a full try, despite this reaction. I regrettably cannot read her further.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product that you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
6. Selecting the displayed item will insert text that looks like this: [[ASIN:014312854XHamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)]]
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.com, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, such as:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

Product Details