Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

on July 2, 2000
There have been a number of reviews of this book already. Why add one more?
Well, the existing reviews seem to fall into the "love it or hate it" category. I read just about the whole of this book in a very understanding bookshop in Sydney. I did not buy it then; I was looking for more "instructional" books. But I remember more of the content than I would have believed possible on so short an acquaintance, in fact I was quite sure I had bought a copy until I had gone through everything we shipped back from Australia. Alas it is not currently available, otherwise I would certainly be buying a copy right now.
The book is valuable for its reflection of a life inspired by yoga, and as a demonstration of what can be achieved by someone who came to yoga relatively late in life. Her anecdotes of meetings with the 'giants' of modern yoga underpin the theme that finding the correct teacher is crucial to a student's development. And none of this is presented with the self-serving egotism which, I'm afraid, disgraces many well-known writers on yoga (even some of the best).
Not a book to buy if you are short of cash, but certainly one to read - and to lend to your friends.
9 people found this helpful

2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
6. Selecting the displayed item will insert text that looks like this: [[ASIN:014312854XHamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)]]
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.com, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, such as:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

Product Details